Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Re-Cap with Justin's Surprise Party




Happy Monday everyone!!

I know I’ve been MIA all last week, but it’s because I have been so busy getting ready for Justin’s SURPRISE party!!  He turned the big 3-0 on Friday, and Saturday I threw a surprise party for him with all of our friends and family.  It was the best weekend we have had in a long time.  

I was off on Friday (his actual birthday) so I took him out for lunch at The Olive Garden.  He had the chicken marsala and I had the soup and salad.   

Then the waiter forced us to share this piece of pumpkin cheesecake.

We both LOVE pumpkin anything.  It was delicious.  Afterwards though we were both completely miserable because we were so stuffed.  After that we had a few errands to run, where I finally got my mums and pumpkins.  
 
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE fall?! ;)
We ended up not eating dinner that night because we were STILL full from lunch.
Saturday morning we woke up early to get the rest of the house cleaned.  He knew my sister and her family were coming over, but he thought that was it.  I told him we had somewhere to be at 2:30, so he better be ready.  A few weeks before I had booked him an appointment and put a deposit down for him to get a tattoo.  He has been whining for months about how he wanted a tattoo but I told him we just didn't have the money.  I had secretly been saving up without him knowing.  He wanted a tattoo to honor our dogs, so he got a Boston Terrier with a top hat and suit on, and a banner underneath that says American Gentlemen (that’s what the Boston Terriers are known for being).  




About 2:00 there was a knock on the door so I told Justin to go answer it.  It was our friends Cali and Ed, who drove from 4 hours away.  We were so happy to see them!  We all used to live in the same apartment complex and would go over to each other’s houses almost every night.  I really miss that!!  So it was good to catch up, and he was so happy to see them as well!  I of course knew they were coming, and they wanted to go with us to get his tattoo.  When we showed up at the tattoo parlor I wish I could have captured the look on his face.  It was pure happiness and amazement.  He couldn’t believe that I actually did that, and pulled it off without him knowing.  Little did he know the surprise wasn’t over  :) 
Besties for life :)

The whole time he was getting his tattoo I was frantically texting my sister.  She went to the house at 3pm to get set up for the party and to show everyone where to park so he didn’t see their cars when we pulled in.  She was getting all the food set out and getting the yard set up. I love my sister.  She is truly a saint. 

We got done at the tattoo shop around 5:00 and everyone was showing up at 5:30, so I had Ed drive really slow on the way home.  We even stopped at Walgreens to get some Nivea cream and some antibacterial soap to wash his tattoo just so we could kill some time.

When we got home everyone was standing outside in our front yard ready to surprise him!
Justin said it was definitely his best birthday to date.   He has been a little down recently due to some medical issues (nothing serious!) so I was glad this cheered him up and he was able to have fun. 

Here are some more pictures from the PAR-TAY



Looks like he is really feeling it here :)



Sitting around the fire with friends and family.  Nothing better!

Ed (my 2nd husband) and me :)

My sister and I looking like lushes :)

 All in all it was a great weekend!!  Tomorrow is October 1st, so I am stoked to come home after work and have Justin put up my decorations.

Last but not least, I have to leave you with some adorable pics of my babies :)

 What can I say, everyone was wore out after the party!!  :)

Xoxo, Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment