Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekend Re-Cap with a recipe at the end



Happy Tuesday everyone!  

I hope you all had a fantastic Labor Day weekend.  I sure did, which is why I was dragging ass all day at work.  I don’t know about you, but it is always hard for me to come back to work after a holiday, especially when that holiday is on a Friday or Monday. 
 
I pretty much ate bad all weekend long.  Well, let me re-phrase that.  I ate GOOD, I just ate food that wasn’t good for me, haha!  Justin’s younger brother and his fiancé came over Friday night for dinner.  I made a pork tenderloin with mushrooms (picture with recipe at bottom of post) which was pretty low cal, but then, we went and had this afterwards:
Mine is the one with the Reese pieces on top :)

It was so good, and with it only being about 285 calories, I don’t feel that guilty about it.  Hey, it was the weekend! 
 
Justin was off Saturday and Sunday night (he’s a 3rd shifter), so on Saturday we went and stayed with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew.  We went out to our favorite Mexican restaurant in town, so of course I had to have chips and salsa with queso.  

My sister also gave me some goodies from her garden.  I will be eating zucchini for the rest of the summer.  I'm ok with that.
My nephew posing with the vegetables.  Isn't he perfect?! :)
We left on Sunday around 3 then went home and Justin took a nap with the dogs while I cleaned the house a little bit.

Monday was pretty laid back, we just hung out at home and he cooked pork chops on the grill. 

I also consumed several of these:











I promised myself I would get back on track today, but then this happened: 
Tall Pumpkin Spice Latte














Yes, I know this picture isn’t that great because there is latte all over the lid, but the Starbucks lady filled it too full so when she put the lid on it went everywhere.  Even though it doesn't look pretty, it was AMAZING.  Since I read Amber’s post before going to bed last night, the only thing in my dreams were that of a Pumpkin Spice Latte, so I had to get one first thing this morning.

I am so ready for fall!!  It was only 65 degrees when I left the house today!  SCORE!

Now on for the recipe!!

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Mushrooms

1 pork tenderloin (1.5 lbs) any flavor (I have used Portobello mushroom and Teriyaki)
1 package sliced white mushrooms or more to your liking
1 small onion, sliced
1 packet pork gravy mix
1 packet mushroom gravy mix
2 cups water

For gravy:
1 tablespoon white flour mixed with 1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup or more milk

Place pork tenderloin in slow cooker.  Put sliced mushrooms and onion on top.

In a small bowl mix together the gravy mix with 2 cups of water.  Pour over pork tenderloin.  Cook on low for 8 hours.

Remove pork tenderloin from the crock pot and pour most of the juice into a pan.  Cook on medium heat and add in the flour mixed with the warm water, then gradually add in the milk.  You may need to add more if it gets too thick.  Whisk constantly to whatever consistency suits you.

Cut up the pork tenderloin then serve with mashed potatoes and the yummy gravy.  Enjoy!




How was your Labor Day weekend??

Xoxo, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment