Friday, September 20, 2013

FIVE on Friday

Today I am linking up with Darci to do FIVE on Friday.



ONE
My alarm was apparently never set last night, so I woke up at 8:22 this morning.  I have to be at work at 8:30.  It was dark out, so when I woke up I was thinking it was only 6:30 or so, but when I picked up my phone I almost shit myself started yelling profanities.  The dogs must have still thought it was early too, because usually they are waking me up around 7 to go outside, and they were both still snuggled under the covers.  I ended up clocking in at 8:52.  How I didn’t get a speeding ticket on my way to work I will never know.

TWO
I’m really glad I took my shower last night before bed, or I would have been even later to work.  I usually take my showers in the morning (it’s the only thing that wakes me up), but because my sister and nephew are coming over tonight I cleaned like a mad woman last night for an hour, so I was a sweaty mess.

This is me and Justin every time someone comes over unexpected...haha


THREE
I ended up turning the air on last night because it was a humid 92 degrees.  I can’t sleep if I’m hot.  Today it’s back down to 75.  I don’t know what to do at this point.  Like I said Wednesday, (link), Mother Nature is on crack.  Sunday is the first official day of fall, so I am fully expecting to never turn the air on again until next summer.  Hear that Mother Nature??!!  I always wait until the last possible moment to turn the heat on in the winter.  I’m talking middle of December last possible moment.  Yes, I freeze my husband out.  Everyone that comes to our house knows to wear layers!

FOUR
Next Friday my hubby turns 30.  He doesn’t seem too depressed about it.  He is just acting like it’s another day.  I asked him what he wanted to do and he said just hang out at home with me and the dogs.  He is such a simple man and that’s one of the things that I love about him.  Simple solutions make him happy.  He has next Wednesday through the following Monday off, which is what he is most excited about.  I’m off on Friday (his actual birthday) so I am thinking of something fun for us to do together.

FIVE
Since my sister and nephew are staying tonight it will be a tossup as to what movie we will watch.  It will either be Hocus Pocus, Home Alone, or Elf.  He will get to decide since he’s the 6 year old and he’s the boss.  I would be happy with any of them!

This weekend I plan on going to the grocery store (puke!) and finally organizing all of my closets and taking stuff to good will.  I hope you all have a nice relaxing weekend!  

Xoxo, Katie



2 comments:

  1. Hey girl hey!! I am LOVING the new blog design. Thanks for letting Chris design your page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I love it too!! Chris is a genius...HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete